In previous articles in this series, we’ve covered beards, bow ties, and pocket squares. Now, with a new year upon
Philanthropy + Brands + Gifting Come Together at the Second Annual Emmitt Smith Celebrity Invitational
On Friday, May 13 and Saturday, May 14, 2011 Dallas Cowboys Legend and Pro Football Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith and his wife Pat hosted the 2nd Annual Emmitt Smith Celebrity Invitational at The Westin Stonebriar Resort in Frisco and TPC Craig Ranch in McKinney, respectively, benefiting Pat & Emmitt Smith Charities (PESC). Suite 22, designed by HAS Events, featured products and services gifted to celebrity friends and VIP supporters of Pat & Emmitt Smith Charities.
Celebrity guests from Clay Walker, Eddie Levert, Donna Richardson-Joyner and more enjoyed Herradura Tequila, Jack Daniels and other Brown-Forman brand cocktails; water provided by Fiji Water and the sounds of celebrity DJ Brandon Olds of BOLD Entertainment while in Suite 22.
“The Suite 22 Luxury Experience Lounge created by Hamilton A Sneed of HAS Events was a unique and interactive experience for our guests. From the Chocolate Secrets Ice Cream Bar to the MUNITIO Listening Lounge each sponsor made our celebrity friends and VIP guests feel extra special. It is an element of our annual charity event we look forward to each year.” said Pat Smith, President of Pat & Emmitt Smith Charities.
Each celebrity walked away with a black reisenthel mini maxi travel bag filled with unique products and services from local and national product brands. Suite 22 highlights of the evening included:
- The iPic movie theater experience showcasing a passion for movies and providing the ultimate escape with a VIP experience certificate for 2 to enjoy dinner and a movie.
- Texas Sports Hyperbarics provided each celebrity with a certificate for a complimentary Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy session, which speeds the recovery from Sports Injuries,
concussions and stroke, pre & post surgery and anti-aging and more.
- The MUNITIO™ Listening Lounge featured the SITi (Standard Issue Titanium) Nine Millimeter Earphones™. These hi-performance earphones with bold style, craftsman quality and luxury appeal were a hit with celebrities.
- PERMISSION™ Skincare for Men gifted shave product from their exclusive line of men’s grooming products
- The Gent’s Place Men’s Fine Grooming, known for their custom approach to men’s grooming gifted their 7 Course Haircut service which includes a personal consultation, cut & style; rejuvenating paraffin hand-dip and hand massage, energizing shampoo and conditioning, invigorating scalp massage, face refresher, steamed towel followed by a relaxing neck massage.
- Chocolate Secrets & Wine Gardens new indulgent Gourmet Ice Cream Bar featuring Chocolate Secrets Organic Ice Creams, Sorbets and Sherbets topped with imported wines, champagne and liqueurs.
Celebrities in attendance on Friday evening included Emmitt Smith, Daryl Johnston, Winfred Tubbs, Rayfield Wright, Clay Walker, Eddie Levert, Donna Richardson-Joyner, Sean Salisbury, Jay Humphrey, John Randle, Pierre Larouche, Rickey Jackson, Floyd Little, Jacque Jones, Mike Eruzione, Kenny Lofton, Spud Webb, Tony Casillas, Deion Sanders, Jason Garrett, Michael Finley, Thurman Thomas, Tina Craig, Michael Wilson, Andre Gurode and Leonard Humphries.
On Saturday, golf tournament players also received a gift bag with exclusive gifts provided by Ocean Prime located in Uptown Dallas; the Grand Spa, a favorite of Pat Smith; Floss Dental; Palmer’s; certificates from M-Clip; snacks from Hail Merry Snacks; Cupcakes from Crumbs by Gabrielle and the reisenthel mini maxi rucksack as the official bag.
“This is our second year hosting Suite 22 at the Emmitt Smith Celebrity Invitational. We are proud to help Pat & Emmitt Smith Charities raise additional money through gifting. We join them in creating educational opportunities and unique experiences for at-risk children.” said Hamilton A Sneed, principal of HAS Events.
About Ben Davis
A serial entrepreneur, Ben Davis is founder of The Gents Place and a leading investor in gentlemen's refinement and confidence.
You Might Enjoy These Related Articles...
The basics of negotiation that most of us were taught involve concepts like “getting to yes” or “win/win.” But in
Thanks for Subscribing to The Gents Place Newsletter!
Almost finished... We need to confirm your email address. To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you.