It's that time of year when gift ideas are in the air, and at The Gents Place we provide ourselves
10 Exquisite Dress Shoes for the Discerning Gentleman
The discerning gentleman knows that the right pair of shoes can make or break your outfit. When dressing up, whether for a formal outing or a business engagement, it is important to dress like a gentleman, from head to foot. Here are our picks for some of the best dress shoes:
1. Salvatore Ferragamo – Carmelo. $895
2. Fratelli Rossetti – Dark Brown Leather Wingtip. $630
3. Tod’s – Calzoleria Wingtip Blucker. $665
4. Salvatore Ferragamo – Faraone. $595
5. Crockett & Jones – Westbourne. $595
6. Harris – Medallion Cap Toe Balmoral. $595
7. Crockett & Jones – Hallam. $570
8. Ralph Lauren Black Label – Denham. $550.
9. Barneys New York – Cap Toe Balmoral. $445
10. Franceschetti – Plain Toe Chukka. $445
If spending upwards of $400 on a pair of shoes isn’t your cup of tea, check out brands such as Rockport, Florsheim, Kenneth Cole and Johnston and Murphy. They do a fine job mimicking the styles of the top designers at a fraction of the price.
Before you shell out your hard earned money on the best shoes you’ll ever own, you want to make sure you’re buying the right pair. If you are not sure which shoes to buy, or how to match them with your outfit, consider these rules to live by when it comes to choosing shoes:
1. Any metal bits on your outfit – from the belt buckle to the suspenders, the blazer buttons, cufflinks, and shoes – should be matching. (Although the metal on your watch does not have to match, it is preferable.)
2. In formal settings the only color shoes acceptable are: black, brown, and oxblood (burgundy).
3. Black shoes may be worn with a navy suit or pants.
4. The color of your shoes and your belt should match.
5. When wearing a suit, loafers should not be worn. In dressy settings, shoes should be tied, not slipped on.
6. Stick with classic leather for dress shoes – no alligator, ostrich, or any other bizarre hides.
7. Avoid shoes with tassels and other outlandish embellishments.
About Ben Davis
A serial entrepreneur, Ben Davis is founder of The Gents Place and a leading investor in gentlemen's refinement and confidence.
You Might Enjoy These Related Articles...
There are many jackets that will keep you warm during the colder winter months, but there are a few classic
Simple and easy ordering of products online with delivery within days (and even hours) is something we are very much
Thanks for Subscribing to The Gents Place Newsletter!
Almost finished... We need to confirm your email address. To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you.