This article is a guest post by Randall Hanauer. He runs family-owned R. Hanauer Bow Ties, founded by his father.
Best Shades for your Face Structure
Picking the right frame for your face shape can be quite a challenge. Use this handy guide to make sure you pick the right ones to accentuate your best facial features. If your face is:
- Square– Pick oval and round frames, or butterfly shaped frames. You’ll also want to pick glasses with temples that are center set or connect at the top of the frame. Avoid geometric or square frames.
- Round – Try angular and geometric frames to sharpen your facial features. Rectangular and horizontal styles will make your face appear longer and thinner. Don’t pick short frames that only serve to make your face look smaller.
- Triangle – Go for semi-rimless frames that accentuate the upper face, or top-heavy styles that balance the width of the jaw. Don’t pick narrow frames or low-set temples that widen the jaw.
- Oblong – Tall frames are good for oblong faces, as they create a shorter face. Glasses with an accented top rim or decorated temple can add width. Avoid short frames.
- Oval – You’ve hit the jack-pot. You can pick pretty much any type of frame, just avoid ones that are too large for your facial features.
About Ben Davis
A serial entrepreneur, Ben Davis is founder of The Gents Place and a leading investor in gentlemen's refinement and confidence.
You Might Enjoy These Related Articles...
In past articles we've given you tips on how to set goals for a new year as well as cautioned
Thanks for Subscribing to The Gents Place Newsletter!
Almost finished... We need to confirm your email address. To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you.