As the end of the year beckons, it's helpful to take stock of what went well in the past year
How To Moisturize Like A Man
Yes guys, you really do need to moisturize. But no, you absolutely do not need to smell like rose water, aloe vera, or apricot to do it. What are the benefits of moisturizing your skin daily? For starters, you will look younger and prevent aging. Face it: you are not getting any younger. Take a good look in the mirror; you are sure to notice at least the beginning of some wrinkles, if not full on crow’s feet. But, you say, you’re too young for wrinkles. That may be true, but you’re also too old to not be moisturizing. The trick is to moisturize without smelling like a woman.
Fortunately, there are several great creams and lotions on the market that are designed for men. No floral scents that will make you smell like a spring garden. These are masculine, manly scents that will keep your skin looking great without making your friends call you “metro”.
How to Moisturize
· Step 1: Find a great moisturizer. You can find lots of moisturizers for men at local drug stores ranging in price from the very cheap to the absurdly expensive. You might need to try a few before you find one that keeps your skin looking and feeling great. The Gents Place recommends Musgo Body Creams. They have effective ingredients – like shea butter, olive oil, and almond oil – without the girly scents and are made specifically for men.
· Step 2: Shower. The best time to moisturize is after you shower, so clean up first. But before you apply moisturizer, you need to…
· Step 3: Dry off. Your moisturizing cream will be most effective when it is applied to recently dried skin.
· Step 4: Apply moisturizer. You don’t have to go crazy with your lotion; just a little will do the trick. Make sure you rub it all in so that the cream is fully absorbed by your skin; you don’t want to leave behind creamy residue.
· Step 5: Repeat daily. This is probably the hardest part of the process. To get the most benefit from your moisturizing cream, you need to use it at least once (if not twice) a day. Are you especially forgetful? Put your moisturizer where you will see it right after you get out of the shower. Or set an alarm on your phone that will remind you to moisturize each morning. This needs to become a part of your daily routine.
Guys, moisturizing is not just for the ladies. And you don’t need to smell like a lady to make your skin look and feel great. Use a manly moisturizer, like Musgo Real Body Cream, each and every day. You will smell manlier than ever and have skin that the ladies won’t be able to keep their hands off of.
About Ben Davis
A serial entrepreneur, Ben Davis is founder of The Gents Place and a leading investor in gentlemen's refinement and confidence.
You Might Enjoy These Related Articles...
The United States is known worldwide for its observation of Thanksgiving, and many in other countries, though it is not
Thanks for Subscribing to The Gents Place Newsletter!
Almost finished... We need to confirm your email address. To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you.